We permanently try to improve our services, to respect our clients and partners.
The Ethical Code of Insurance Brokers, UNSICAR members
Relying permanently in its activity on good faith, professionalism and honesty in the relationships with clients, insurers and other intermediaries, the insurance broker member of UNSICAR has the obligation to respect the following principles:
- To represent the client’s interest under a power of attorney and always have the client’s best interest at heart.
- To make a priority of continually improving the services offered to the client.
- To analyze carefully the risks of the client and to recommend the best solutions to protect against them.
- To explain to the client all terms and conditions in the recommended contracts, not leaving any doubt about the rights and obligations they are assuming.
- To consider all information related to the business and personal life of the client as being strictly confidential.
- To act with good faith in the relationship with the insurance companies, presenting them complete and clear information, without hiding the truth.
- Based on their professional experience, to ask the insurers to offer innovations and to modify the products and insurance conditions so that they match the needs of the clients.
- To firmly oppose any unjust decision of the insurer that might harm the clients.
- To inform UNSICAR regarding possible malpractice of the insurers, for keeping a business climate as correct as possible and professional ethics.
- To show professional loyalty in the relationship with other colleagues intermediaries in insurance. The broker will not make affirmations and will not undertake actions that might affect the image and prestige of the colleagues, except for the cases of professional contradictions or technical arguments. The broker will be solidary with his colleagues in the attempts to achieve progress on the insurance market and to strengthen the professional status of the insurance broker.
- To reject any action that might bring advantages through dishonest practices, undue benefits, that can harm the quality of the provided services and the status of the profession.
- To promote, by any means, the public culture in the field on insurances, by offering correct information to all those interested, emphasizing the importance on insurances in any domain.
- Never include in the adverts and presentation materials information that is not true or can mislead the public.
- To turn first to the UNSICAR arbitration before addressing any other court, in case of litigation with one of the other members of UNSICAR.
- To respect the membership of UNSICAR and to make efforts for the good reputation of UNSICAR, promoting its image in front of colleagues, partners and press. Also, to respond favorable to every task coming from the leadership of UNSICAR and to pay just and timely the established obligations.